Sprinkles

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Is It Soup Yet?

This has been a soup-y weekend. I made crawfish bisque yesterday, and lentil soup today. Plus another small pan of that apple-cranberry dish went into the oven. I'm using just two apples at a time with that... so don't go thinking that I'm drowning in apples here.

While I made the lentil soup, I had the little television on that sits on the kitchen shelf. There was a show called "Clean Sweep." Totally amazing... I'd never seen that show before. Made me wonder how people can live in a house with a couple of rooms that they can't even walk into without falling over something. I mean really... don't they see that something needs to be done? What's also amazing is that they're willing to have these super-cluttered rooms shown on television, for all the world to see.

To each their own, I guess. As our friend B says: "People are going to do what they do just because they're dealing with years of conditioning that got them right where they are." That might not be her exact words, but that's close enough.

Another cold day today. The sun was out for most of it, and it was warm enough for me to go out on the deck and wash out all the cats' litter boxes. ("Warm" meaning the temperature got up to 60 degrees... if you can call that "up.")

But... as friend A up on Long Island reminded me... cold weather is easier to deal with than either a tsunami or a mudslide.

A great quote that I found today: "The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Said by Leonardo Da Vinci.)

I found a pretty little charm for my Italian charm bracelet this weekend. Red enamel charm, with the word "Believe" written on it in gold script. There are tiny gold dots here and there on the red background... the dots look like teeny stars. The charm reminds me of the movie The Polar Express. Which is a good thing, because it's a movie I don't want to forget.

The movie's theme, "to believe," reminds me of what my husband's mom always used to say--- that no matter what happens in this world, life does go on in a sensible way. With that thought... you just have to believe that no matter what happens, it's happening for a reason.

There are no accidents in this life. There are no coincidences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home