Sprinkles

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Stupid Stores

What a day........... we spent seemingly hours looking for what is now called "active wear," which used to be called "sweat suits." My husband did most of the looking... starting with this afternoon, while I was getting my hair color touched up.

Then we both looked around the mall while waiting for my husband's new eyeglasses to be made up. Every store in the mall.... and all of their 'active wear' slacks were at least 6 to 8 inches longer than the average man's leg. And just why is that? For the simple reason that the extra-long length is now in style.

In style? With whom? Seventeen-year-olds who wear bottomless-crotch jeans and tee-shirts down to their knees and sneakers that could serve as flotation devices? Oh, excuse me... I guess they don't call them 'sneakers' anymore. I don't even know what they call them now........

And cranberries........ just because Thanksgiving and Christmas are over, the supermarket has decided to take the dried cranberries out of the store. All those packages of unsweetened dried cranberries have just disappeared. And what did they do with them? "Could be in the warehouse," said one employee. Did they take up that much room in the produce department of that huge store? Couldn't they leave just a few bags in case someone wanted to make a hot pan of chopped apples and cranberries?

I made another apple/cranberry dish the other night-- and chopped up a nectarine in it...... extra sweetness... it was delicious. All my packages of unsweetened cranberries are now gone. The produce man told me to look in the dried fruit aisle, which I did. They had fancy packages of cranberries there...... called "Craisins." These have added sugar, which I didn't want. The packages are smaller, and fancier, and were priced higher.

There ought to be a law. Supermarkets ought to sell dried unsweetened cranberries all year long. Department stores ought to sell sweatpants/active wear/whatever in the same length as men's slacks.

And another one----- stores shouldn't be allowed to play rap music loud enough to wake the dead. "Rap." Know what that stands for?--- "rotten angry pouting."

What a day......... But on the bright side... we get another new one tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home