Sprinkles

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturday Stuff

Another cold day...... even with the sun out, it felt cold. Will this never end? I've had enough of cold snaps this year, and we're only 15 days into January.

My husband and I are still talking about the clock chimes that we heard early yesterday morning. As much as we try to come up with logical reasons, we just can't. We know what we heard. We were both wide awake. No more chimes since then, however, and we haven't wound up any of the clocks.

I took out my box of Valentine decorations today, and started placing things around the living room and dining room. I still have to decorate the front door. I've got a twirly garland made of sparkling pink and purple hearts..... I'll use that somewhere. My statue of Venus de Milo by the living room fireplace is all decked out in a necklace of plastic hearts. Venus gets "dressed up" for nearly all of the holidays... Christmas and Halloween, Valentine's Day and Easter, and sometimes for the Fourth of July. All dressed up and nowhere to go. Poor Venus.

I have a box of heart-shaped Christmas ornaments... haven't figured out what to do with those yet. They look more like Valentine decorations than Christmas ornaments, so I may just leave them in the Valentine box instead of storing them with the Christmas things. They would look nice as some sort of centerpiece for the dining room table... so I'll have to find something to hang them on.

We went to Babbo Bruno's for lunch yesterday. Delicious fish... Hawaiian red snapper... cooked with a light sauce made from sliced apples, golden raisins, pine nuts and white wine. Absolutely delicious. I'll have to try making that sauce the next time I cook salmon.

Speaking of Hawaii.... I spoke to my sister this afternoon. She heard that it snowed in Hawaii. She didn't know where, but she definitely heard on the news that snow did fall on the Hawaiian islands. Guess southeast Texas isn't the only place on the planet with strange weather.

Aloha, y'all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home