Sprinkles

Friday, January 07, 2005

Drippy Friday

Another dreary, cloudy, drippy day. Not a complaint, just a fact. Who can complain about such a trifle when there's such devastation on the other side of the planet....

Went to the mall today because my husband had an eye doctor's appointment. I haven't been to the mall since last summer. Lots of changes there, but I didn't take the time to see it all today. They've put in a Foley's store where Dillard's used to be. I'll get to the mall at some point, to see all the new stores. Not in a rush, though. The mall isn't exactly my favorite place to be, and I go there only when I absolutely have to.

We had lunch with friends K and B today... went to Babbo Bruno's, which is always nice. The fish special today was swordfish. That man does wonders with fresh fish, which is what I always order. K and B gave me an early birthday present... a three-CD set of Barry Manilow music. A set that I didn't have and hadn't ever seen before... so that was a nice surprise. Babbo Bruno and Manilow... the bright spots on an otherwise drippy day.

After that, we went to see our friend F, who's still home resting, and trying to get back to her normal routine after her hospital stay. Her doctor says she can go back to work, but on a limited basis. And she'll have to decide just what 'limited' means. Depends on how many hours her body can take.

I gave F the invitation to the Valentine's party, as long as we were going there. I told her to take good care of herself, so by the time the party rolls around, she'll be in top form for Charades. I was going to tell her that we can't have her gasping for air while she's doing her Charade, because she'll mess up the clues.... but I forgot to say it. I know she would've laughed at that.

Forgot to practice piano today... forgot to exercise. My husband is alternating between reading and taking a nap on the sofa. So I won't go in there and play the piano. But I will exercise... got to keep that going. And going... and going...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home