Sprinkles

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thursday... Yet Another Cold Snap

Such stupid, stupid weather. We had days and days of such warm weather, and now it's snapping cold out there again. The weather gods are not being nice, from one end of the planet to the other.

I had a dental appointment today..... for a cleaning. They see me in that dental office every three months for a full cleaning. The only way to keep my teeth as clean as they can be, for the simple reason that I want to keep my own teeth for as long as I can... like forever.

My dad didn't take such good care of his teeth and when he was 78 he had to get a full set of dentures. Needless to say, he wasn't too thrilled about that. And he was down here in Texas when he got all of that dental work done, as opposed to being up in NY where he lives. I had to take him to all the dental appointments and listen to all his complaints as he got used to the dentures. His dentures are great now (8 years later) and he's used to them, but every once in a while he'll tell me "I miss my own teeth." So I keep that thought in mind and make sure I go to the dentist every three months.

Our friends are starting to RSVP for the Valentine's party, and my closet is slowly filling up with the party bags. As each couple tells me they'll be here, I fill up the bags with the favors and put a name-tag on them. By the time party-night rolls around, that little job has been taken care of leisurely.

As I sit typing here, I can hear Rusty (our oldest cat) snoring behind me. He's sleeping on the pink velvet fainting sofa. (These cats always pick out the prettiest furniture in the house for their naps.) Rusty is just snoring away, not a care in the world. I don't think he was feeling too well yesterday. He sort of just sat around (normal for him) and didn't each very much (not normal for him). He also tossed up his cookies yesterday morning... on my clean carpeting, of course. I waited 24 hours to see if he'd improve, which he did, so I won't be taking him to the vet. Poor Rusty gets carsick when I have to drive him to the vet. So it has to be a real emergency for me to force him into my car. Luckily, our vet also makes house-calls, so that was another option. But Rusty is eating just fine today... guess he was a little under-the-weather yesterday. (Maybe he knew there was a cold snap on the way today.)

That's about it....... Not much of a day....... After the dentist, I took care of some errands. Clothes to the cleaners, Christmas film to the drugstore for developing, and I went to Kroger for a few things. And what did I find? Some bags of dried cranberries. I bought all of them... before Kroger pulls them all off the shelves like the other supermarket did. Of course, I had to make another dish of baked apples & cranberries. No butter, no sugar. All is perfect in this little corner of the world. Except for the cold temperatures tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home