Sprinkles

Monday, January 10, 2005

To Color... or Not to Color...

I contemplated not making an appointment to have my hair touched up again. The problem with coloring your hair is that you're held hostage by the color. You either continue to get it done, or you watch your roots growing out a different color than the rest of your hair.

I didn't think the color-highlights that I had put into my hair were that drastic. And my only intention was to cover up the gray ones that were growing in. Personally, I didn't think there were that many. But my sister and my cousin R thought otherwise. (What's with the silver foxes up there? my cousin wanted to know. And my sister's comment was something like Do you really like the gray hairs? You've got more of them this year than last year, you know.)

So off I went... picked out a nice soft brown color that was close enough to my own, but not as dark. And every few months when I have to go back to get it re-done, I ask myself the same question: Do I really want to continue to do this?

The answer is always yes. So back I'll go.... and I'll sit there while the color gets put on... and sit there while it takes hold... and sit there... and sit there. That's the part I hate. The sitting there. Such a waste of time. I'll have to remember to bring something to read.

Nice and warm today... a bit drippy, but not much. I mailed out some of the Valentine's invitations today...... I'll give out the others to our neighbors during the week. I'll start decorating the living room and dining room next week. I've got so much Valentine's stuff from last year..... I'll have to get to that box and go through it.

I also came across tea party favors in my storage closet. I bought those with good intentions of having tea parties for the neighborhood ladies, but I haven't planned one of those in over a year now. Time to get going with that again. The favors are too cute to keep up in the closet, and I'm always finding more tea party favors in my travels.

Piano practice is falling by the wayside. So many other things just keep popping up during the day. I had two songs to learn this week. I've gotten through just one of them. So many other things to do...... cooking and shopping and exercising and reading and party-planning and housework.... and just where does all this laundry come from???

More hours in a day. I need to find a 'genie' in a bottle so I can wish for more hours in every day. Or more days in a year. More years in a lifetime. I keep thinking of what my husband's mom always used to say: "No matter how long you live, life will always be too short."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home