Sprinkles

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Finally... rain!

Can't remember the last time it rained up here in the hills, but just the fact that our pond is dry means we haven't had any rain for at least two months. I looked at the bottom of that pond this morning as I drove towards town... looks like an armadillo has been scurrying through the mud looking for midnight snacks. And where did all the turtles go? That pond has dozens of turtles when it's filled, but they must start leaving when the water level begins to go down.

We are supposed to have very heavy rains this entire weekend, but I will believe that when it happens. As I type now, our cloudy day has turned sunny and the sky's blue tint is definitely up there now. No more rain since this morning... so much for the 'heavy downpours' that the weather wizards on TV predicted for us.

Today was the first day that I had to walk Savannah in the rain. I'm sure this puppy must have seen rain before, in her previous life in Houston, but today was her first Hill Country rain. She didn't much like it, but also didn't give me a hard time about walking in it. I quickly realized that the small hand-towel that I was using for her paws was very inadequate for the rest of her large self. I went looking in the thrift store today for a good but inexpensive bath-sized towel for her. Now she's got one nearly as big as a beach towel, so that should be fine for her as she grows.

One more week till the Halloween party... I've been putting together party favors-- Halloween bags filled with chocolates and tied with ribbon. Just a little something for everyone as they leave that night. I just realized that the night of the party is when Daylight Savings Time begins... not my favorite thing, to be changing the time... I'd much rather it stay lighter outside in the evenings and be dark in the early mornings.

The busy time of the year is nearly here now... right after I take down the Halloween decorations, the Christmas things will be coming out of the storage closet. Always so much to do, with every room being decorated, but when it's done, it's done, and I can just relax and enjoy it all.  And this will be Savannah's first Christmas... she needs a stocking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home