Sprinkles

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Another handyman put to rest....

... and still another one put to rest before he even got to the front door.

Our (sometimes) illustrious handyman R has made his last mistake here. Scratch the fact that he told me he would stop by here one afternoon two weeks ago to change a flat tire for me.... he never showed up and didn't call me to tell me he wasn't coming. And the next time he came to the house to work, he didn't even mention that flat-tire day and neither did I.  On that day, however, I did tell my husband that I hoped R had brought his lunch and iced tea because I was no longer going to make sure that he had food and cold drinks to get him through the day.

This weekend, R was supposed to be here on Saturday to work with my husband on a project that they started two weeks ago.  R never showed up, and never called to say he wasn't going to show up. We are now well-acquainted with R's work ethics (or lack thereof) by now so my husband just started the job and finished the job by himself. By the middle of Saturday afternoon, we were both joking that maybe R was on his way, which that guy would tell us all the time. Only problem with that was the translation to "on my way" meant that you wouldn't see him for at least two hours. And R lives right in town, not on the other side of Houston.

So that brings us to today.... and the young man at the new neighbor's house across the road was supposed to do some chores for my husband today.  Let's do this all together now:  "He didn't show up and didn't call to tell us he wasn't going to show up."

I told my husband to let this one go... just let him go on his merry 20-something way. He's young, he's a student, he probably can't do half of the things here that my husband would want him to do anyway, and if someone doesn't show up on the first day then they're more than likely not going to show up on the fifth or sixth day either. Plus, he's a neighbor... we know where he lives, he knows where we live, and if he changed his mind about working here, so be it. Just chalk it up and let it go.

Time to start looking for yet another handyman. I've lost count of how many we have been through over the years and I don't even want to take the time to figure out the number because it will just get me nuts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home