Sprinkles

Friday, September 18, 2015

Post-puppy....

Let me think now.... what did I do before we adopted Savannah.... Oh yes, I remember now... I read one or two books a week, I answered letters and eMails promptly, it was very easy to keep up with my Blogs, I made all of my greeting cards and invitations, I baked every week for the Wednesday tea parties, and there was no reason to damp-mop the kitchen floor every 22 minutes because a certain puppy sticks half of her face into the water bowl when she's thirsty.

But I wouldn't change a thing. Savannah is the sweetest puppy, and because of her size (36 pounds according to the vet's scale) it's like we already have a dog, not merely a puppy.  When I said that to the assistant at the vet's office yesterday, he told me to wait a few months and then I'll really have a Dog with a capital D.

As I type, Savannah is in the corner of the breakfast room, watching me type. She watches me at the computer the same way she glances at the television when she's in the TV room. She likes bright colors and crazy sounds on the television, and -- heaven help me -- football games.  Football?  If a dog of mine is going to watch sports, then it had better be baseball. (Puppy lesson #23)

There was a big garage sale up on the main highway today... a friend of one of our Wednesday tea ladies. I drove up there not once, but twice... each time finding books. (I could find a book in the middle of a forest... if I ever were to be in the middle of a forest, that is. --Don't hold your breath on that one.)

The girl having the yard sale had an endless supply of things that no one needs, which makes me wonder why she had all of that stuff in the first place.  The books I bought looked as if no one had ever read them (which is a crying shame) and there were boxes upon boxes of movies and TV shows on DVDs.  I was not about to look through those boxes because I don't spend much time in front of the TV, but on top of one of the tables was the 20th Anniversary 4-DVD set of the Oprah Winfrey Show..... and I couldn't leave that set there for just a couple of dollars, so it came home with me.

Also calling my name at that sale was a bracelet made of vintage typewriter keys.... and of course it fit my small wrist, so how could I leave that there?  I love old typewriters, and I keep looking for an old but inexpensive one to put upstairs in my third floor library. Not to use, mind you, just to have it sitting there and adding to the vintage feel in that room. (Another decorating idea from the Pinterest boards.)

Oh yes.... that's another thing I had time for, pre-Savannah.... 'pinning' on my Pinterest boards and looking at the boards of those I follow. But Savannah will be a puppy for just a short time, and Pinterest will still be there waiting when I don't have to keep an eye on her every minute of the day.

Puppies.... how can you not love them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home