Sprinkles

Monday, September 21, 2015

What day is it?

It's Puppy Day, of course. If I thought the days were flying by before we got Savannah, I was sadly mistaken.  We are still in puppy-time, and the hours and the days are just disappearing one by blessed one.

I haven't polished my nails since Savannah arrived, but that's no fault of hers... I've been trying to catch up with my reading and just haven't taken the time to give myself a manicure.  And Pinterest... that's taken a hit as well... except for looking at pictures of dogs who are the same breed as Savannah--- a mix of Border Collie and Great Pyrenees.  As I type, Savannah is sound asleep on the floor of the breakfast room, about six inches away from the expensive doggie-bed that we bought her this morning. In time, I'm sure she will prefer the plush bed. She has already defended that bed--- our cat Gatsby tried to get into it and Savannah bounced up to him and Gatsby ran the other way.

The vintage bookplates that I bought on eBay have all arrived, and now I need to find the time to write my name on them and choose which books I will put them in... definitely the 'keeper' books rather than those I probably won't have on my shelves forever. Problem with that... about 90% of my books are keepers. (Not exactly a problem.)

I sold both of my big 'Beatrix Potter Treasury' volumes in the shop, and ordered a set of the smaller, vintage books instead. The package arrived today... 23 little books, all in excellent condition, each of them filled with the original artwork of Miss Potter's.  Love those little child-sized books, and I'll be re-reading all of the stories, as puppy-time allows.

Our inside cat Sweet Pea finally came out of the TV room this afternoon. While I was out walking Savannah, Sweet Pea went into the kitchen and he was there when I came in the back door with the puppy. Sweet Pea meowed... Savannah stared... they had seen one another through the wicker magazine rack that I put on the threshold separating the TV room with the breakfast room... but now they were in the same room together. What I thought would be a disaster was actually a Kodak moment.  Sweet Pea was up on the counter-top and felt safe, so he rolled over and put a paw out towards Savannah while his mouth opened up in a great big yawn. Savannah just put her nose up towards the counter-top and quietly sniffed. I think they'll be great friends in time.

Time. I would like more time. More seconds in an hour, more hours in a day, more days in a week. Definitely more weeks in a year. Absolutely more years in a life-time. Simple as that. (Too much to hope for?)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home