Sprinkles

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Days Are a Blur....

What on earth did I do before we got Savannah?  Every day starts out early and busy... I haven't seen this many sunrises since we went to Hawaii. I can thank Savannah for every sunrise and sunset, though.... I'm out the back door with her as soon as it's light enough to see in the morning, and the last time I walk her is when the sun is setting beyond our back pasture. And then our last trip outside just beyond the back door at night lets me see all the stars........ who knew we had this many stars in our own backyard? Somehow, the dark of night doesn't seem quite as frightening when you have a 40-pound puppy whose roar is quite deafening.

As I type this, our cat Sweet Pea is in my lap, actually sitting up in my lap with his paws on the table in front of the keyboard. He's waiting for me to look at the pictures on Pinterest.... I honestly think this cat lives for Pinterest. Thankfully, Savannah and Sweet Pea have become friends... Savannah tries to play with the cat but the best Sweet Pea can offer is an audience.  Savannah will be tossing her toys up into the air and Sweet Pea will be sitting on the edge of a chair or a counter-top, just watching the circus going on but not wanting to participate.

The invitations for our Halloween party have all been given out and mailed out now, and we will have some new faces being that we have new neighbors across the road and a couple of the tea ladies have invited their friends to the weekly Waldorf Wednesday tea parties here. No matter where we have lived, our home has been the party house, and I can't ever say I regret that. To repeat a phrase that I read on "Humans Of New York" ---  "When you have more than you need, build a bigger table instead of building a taller fence."

Speaking of "Humans Of New York," that Facebook page has been filled with stories of the refugees that are escaping terrorism overseas in the hope that a new and better life awaits them in another country. The stories are heart-breaking, to say the least... and you just can't help wanting to find safe places for all of those people so they can raise and educate their children and make new memories which would become part of their family history.                                                                                  

It just continually astounds me that such blatant hatred is so rampant in certain parts of this world. We are all living on just this one planet, people.... just this one planet, which is smaller than you think. This is the year 2015.... and supposedly the human race is not made up of barbarians... or so one would hope.  One planet... we have this one planet..... which we can all share quite nicely if everyone, every blessed one,  just gave a damn. Is that too much to ask???




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home