Sprinkles

Saturday, October 10, 2015

4:00 in the morning...

I have just had breakfast.... small banana sliced up with some blueberries and topped with a little bit of yogurt. This breakfast bulletin is brought to you by Savannah's Morning Madness Inc.

I've been awake off and on for the past couple of hours. Between the train whistle coming from the next town, and the howling of the coyotes, and the dogs on the other side of the hills barking in response, and then our own Savannah barking in response to both the coyotes and the other dogs, it has been a rough night. (That is a horribly crafted sentence, but I'm too tired to care at the moment.)

Actually, I am no longer tired. I am wide awake. Hence, the breakfast.

I thought these country trains that slide through small towns in the middle of the night were supposed to be quiet... no speeding, no loud whistles, nothing that would disturb the sleeping habits of small-town residents. Do those rules not apply out here in this country bubble? That train has been going along every night in the middle of the night for over two weeks now, and not only do we hear it, but Savannah hears it as well and she does what puppies do.... she wakes up, she barks, and she thinks it's time for a new day to begin.

And on this particular morning, nothing I did stopped Savannah from barking at that blasted train or those howling coyotes. So I gave in, got up, took her outside in the grass for a minute so she wouldn't have an accident, and even now as I type, yet another train is going by, complete with whistle. Savannah just growled at the noise.... not a full-blown bark, probably because I'm down here instead of upstairs in bed where I should be.

Oh well.... Savannah is still a puppy. This too shall pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home