Sprinkles

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Enough already with this rain...

After three days of rain, pouring rain, soaking rain, horrible rain, I've just about had it. The pond is filled to the top and it looks beautiful again, so all the rain clouds can head on towards the east coast now. Add to that.... Savannah has changed her puppy mind about the rain--- she loves it now. So much so that she's playing in puddles and nearly dancing around in the wet grass every time I take her for a walk, drenching me in the process. Give me a blessed puppy break.

The temperatures dropped from the mid-80s to the low 60s. We've gone from sweater weather to coat weather in a matter of hours. Then add the rain into the mix, and I'm already tired of wearing a raincoat with a hood.  I've ordered a pink sweatshirt for Savannah and I'm beginning to think it should have been one of those bright yellow rain slickers that they have for dogs. I don't exactly know when all these clothes started being sold for puppies and dogs, but I guess they're selling because people like me are willing to buy them. It's the cute factor that does it every time.

We're supposed to have a cloudy day tomorrow with no rain. I can hardly wait. A bit (or a lot) of sun would be most welcomed, but at this rainy point, we'll take what we can get.

Today has been a strange day... lack of sleep for me, being that Savannah woke me up at 4:30 to go out (we're still on puppy time) and after walking in the rain (first having to change clothes before going out into the rain and then drying off Savannah afterwards) I wasn't too sleepy when we got back into the house. So I've been up since then, except for two half-hour naps in front of my laptop. I literally fell asleep sitting up. I woke up the first time when Sweet Pea got up on my lap and put his paws on my face... possibly, my cat thought I was dead.

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. And it is not supposed to rain. Let's see if the weather wizards get this right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home