Sprinkles

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pikolinos Shoes.

I am doing a happy dance right now.... the mailman brought two pairs of Pikolinos shoes that I bought on the Internet last week.  If you're not familiar with this brand of shoes, they're real leather, made in Spain, and you'll be doing a happy dance of your own when you realize just how comfortable they are.

We traveled to Germany in 2008, and I had brought with me a comfortable pair of walking shoes..... comfortable for walking around Texas, but those shoes just didn't cut it with all the walking we did in Germany. Not to be out-done by cobblestone streets, I went shoe shopping in one of the German towns, and that's where I found my first pair of Pikolinos.  'Heaven on your feet' is the only way to describe them.  I wore those shoes till they were too embarrassing to wear anymore.... and they would have lasted a whole lot longer had I not used that first pair for daily walks in the park, plus walking our dog two and three times every day. I reluctantly had to part with those shoes, and I've been looking for the same style ever since.

Never did find the same exact style, but last week, I found two styles very similar to the ones I bought in Germany.  Never let it be said that I'm not a smart shopper--- I ordered both pairs, if only to save time trying to decide which pair to buy. Besides that, shoes are like books--- always room for one more.

Both pairs of the Pikolinos fit perfectly... the leather is so soft... you can see all the hand-stitching, the insides are just as soft as can be, and the soles are just like clouds. Perfect for walking anywhere at all, but I will make it a point not to wear the Pikolinos around the property. These Pikolinos are going-out shoes, or all day in the house shoes..... not to be confused with or replaced by my favorite high heels, but when you want a really good comfortable walking shoe, Pikolinos cannot be beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home