Sprinkles

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Cough, sneeze, cough, sneeze....

... and then repeat.

Definitely the flu..... more than just a cold.  And on tonight's news, they talked about the entire state of Texas getting hit by the flu bug. I can certainly vouch for that.  I'm coughing more than sneezing, which is a good thing because my nose is so sore.  I haven't been able to focus enough so I can read, and that's killing me..... I got such great books for Christmas, and I have only opened one of them, and that's only because I opened it the day before Christmas Eve when I was still feeling good. It's been downhill ever since.

I'm walking around the house in a fog, but mostly staying in bed.  When I do go downstairs, I look around at all the rooms that are decorated to the max for Christmas... and what goes up, must come down.  I will get to all of that when I'm feeling better, but until then, I have to wonder just who it was that made Christmas explode in this house in the first place.  Moi?  Can that be possible?

Oh well... this too shall pass, and so many people are dealing with much worse.  I've heard about the frigid winds and the blasting snow and ice storms, and there are hundreds of thousands of people without power.  Not good..... makes me wonder, as I watched them cutting off frozen tree limbs from power lines.... why on earth don't they put those electric lines underground instead of up near all of those trees?  Surely, there must be a better way..... they go through this every winter when the snow and ice comes and the frozen trees fall and down come the power lines with the frozen branches.

They were talking about New Year's Eve on the news..... everything is being prepared in Times Square...... and even though they're expecting frigid temperatures in NYC that night, The City is still planning for a record number of party-goers to show up for the celebration.  We've been in this state since 1993, and we still watch the ball falling in Times Square on New Year's Eve.  Along the years, we may have missed just one or two years, but other than that, we're still New Yorkers when it comes to New Year's Eve.  I remember the days when Guy Lombardo and his band played at the Waldorf Astoria and they televised the ballroom on New Year's Eve.  Everything looked so elegant, so perfect. Now they show the streets of Times Square, filled with mostly 30-somethings and younger in Times Square, wearing crazy hats and glasses, foam-rubber hands and faces........... and most of the people look as if they've had more than enough to drink even before the ball starts to fall. Not so elegant, not so perfect.

Oh well.... not for me to judge.  Everyone is going to do their own thing, no matter what. Seems to be the way of the world these days.  So.... celebrate, celebrate, celebrate..... however you see fit...... but honestly, have just a little regard and respect for other people along the way.  As for me, I'll be comfy here at home, and I will try not to cough and sneeze on anyone else's parade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home