Sprinkles

Monday, December 30, 2013

Still sick...

.... but at least I've stopped coughing.

Seems that no matter where you live, the flu germs will get you.  I had eMail today from my friend J in England.... and her household has been hit with the flu also. She said they cancelled Christmas there because they were so sick. On top of that, they've had horrendous weather with heavy rains and flooding. Not exactly perfect weather for Santa and his reindeer.

I've been walking around the house taking down some of the Christmas decorations... a little bit at a time.  They were put up a little bit each day, and that's how they'll all come down.   When I spoke to my friend V last night, she said she was trying to box-up all of Christmas before she went to sleep last night.  V decorates like I do, and I can't imagine packing all of that away in just one night, so I'm wondering today if she was able to do that.  V said that maybe she wouldn't decorate so much next year.  I reminded her that now that she has her first grandbaby, the sky will be the limit on her decorating, especially for Christmas.

Still trying to really feel better here.... I've spent most of the day on the sofa in the TV room, watching re-runs of "The Cake Boss."  I kept falling asleep (my apologies to Buddy and family).... but I just don't have the stamina yet to carry on with a day in my normal routine (which is usually non-stop).  Oh well...... sooner or later, the last of this flu will be gone.

I wish the current weather patterns would be gone.... not a drop of sun today..... the temperature never got above 50 degrees, and it's supposed to be down near freezing tonight. Enough already!  Is it Spring yet?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home