Sprinkles

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Boxing Day.

Oh well.... sick for Christmas Eve.... ditto for Christmas Day... and now the same for Boxing Day. Which seems appropriate for the way I feel---  box me up, cover me with a blanket and just let me rest till this blasted cold goes away. Jingle bells... cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze.

Even the cats must know that I'm not feeling well... they're being very good, very quiet, and except for Gatsby meowing at the stray orange/white cat that comes around from time to time, there have been no cat-adventures outside.  Which I'm thankful for.... I didn't want to be having to walk around the property looking for Mickey these past couple of days. He's not as Marco Polo as he was when we first made him an outside cat, but he does roam further away from the house than Gatsby does.

I noticed just this morning that my fingernails weren't polished for Christmas. Oh well... that's certainly a first.  Not only did I forget about polishing my nails, but I didn't even notice till today. And Christmas Eve and Day came and went anyway, sans polish. I've been wearing more or less the same color nail polish since the 1980s.... same shade, different names for the same color, depending on the company.  My Aunt Dolly told me years ago to find a good color and stick with it..... one that would look good in both summer and winter, and it would become your 'signature' color. Always one for classic fashion, Aunt Dolly was way ahead of her time.

I called one of my cousins up in New York today, to wish her a belated Merry Christmas.... she heard my cough-syrup-coated voice over the phone and her first words were "Oh my god, who died?"  I guess my voice sounded worse to her over the phone than it did to me.

Boxing Day..... a time to pack up what you really don't need or use anymore and pass those things along to someone who could use a helping hand.  And I will be doing just that.... but not today, and probably not even tomorrow.  It will most likely take at least two or three more days till I'm back to feeling like a person who doesn't have to stop and cough after every fifth word.

Jingle Bells to you all..... and I hope you got to enjoy Christmas without a box of tissues and a sack of cough drops. (And I hope your fingernails were polished and pretty!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home