Sprinkles

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Grinch factor......

I've been sick for the past three days... bad cold, lots of coughing, can't sleep, can't get comfortable. Not exactly how you want to be feeling for Christmas Eve and Day, but sometimes the Grinch tip-toes in and decides to sprinkle a little nasty stuff on your head.

We had a nice Christmas anyway...... my saving grace was cooking part of the meal on Christmas Eve because I thought if I was feeling worse on Christmas Day (which I was) then at least the dinner would be under control.

My husband's friend from Clear Lake drove up here for dinner with us...... right up till this morning, we were considering telling him not to come because of my cold, but we didn't want to cancel at the last minute like that, especially since this was the first time he came for a visit.  I could see by his face that he was amazed at all the Christmas trees and decorations in this house...... he was like a little kid when he first walked into the dining room and living room, not knowing where to look first.  My "Christmas Explosion" in this house isn't exactly on the quiet side.

I haven't been sick like this since 2008...... and I remember it distinctly because we had just gotten back from Germany and within 24 hours, I was down for the count with the flu.  I hate, hate, hate being sick..... such a waste of time.  And I'm not much good at asking anyone to do things for me.... my husband has been heating up pillows for me, and getting me cough drops and whatever those pills are that are supposed to calm down the flu symptoms.  I don't know whether this is the flu or not.... it's just downright annoying.

But we had a nice Christmas Day and a delicious dinner...... at least I think it was delicious... whatever I ate started to taste like the cough drops.  This too shall pass.  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home