Sprinkles

Saturday, March 11, 2006

"I Hate It Here...."

Those were the words I heard over the phone last night when our young friend C called me from Vegas. They had spent the day looking at houses, and they were totally disappointed.

C said that Vegas was "brown, ugly, and not at all cozy." Well, I've heard a lot of adjectives attached to Vegas before, but cozy isn't one of them. She also said the traffic was awful wherever they drove, and there were too many crazy drivers and weird looking people.

Her mom got on the phone to tell me how awful the houses were.... too dirty, too small, not enough yard-space, and she had seen too many rooms painted in neon colors. Their house here will sell for around $190,000 and that's for approximately 2500 sq. ft. of house, plus a huge in-ground pool and yard. The houses they're looking at over there are in the $450,000 range, and the square-footage is less than 1400. And the price range they're looking at is at the bottom-end of the housing market out there. Talk about sticker shock.

I told C to keep her chin up, but I don't think that helped any. I think all C wants is to keep her chin right here in Clear Lake and as far away from Vegas as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home