Sprinkles

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Museum of Fine Art

We drove downtown this afternoon, to the art museum. We hadn't been there in a few years, and they now have a few new exhibits by American artists. Wonderful to see... two paintings in particular by Thomas Cole that just mesmerized us. So many little details in his paintings.... they both made us wonder how long it took him to complete the pictures.

After that, we went to Niko Niko's, our favorite Greek restaurant in the Montrose section of downtown. Delicious food, always delicious without fail, no matter how busy they get, and they do get very busy. So much food on the plates... I just ate my soup and barely touched my meal, which is now sitting in the fridge for tomorrow. Their lentil soup is absolutely the best. So are their desserts, but I didn't order any of those. I figured I'd have enough sweets in the house this week when I start baking for our St. Patty's Day lunch a week from today.

Cloudy day today, with only a few minutes of sun, so it was the perfect day for being inside the museum. The Impressionist Wing was closed to the public while we were there--- they were having a private reception for members of the downtown Greek community. Just as we got up the stairs to that wing of the museum, they began serving the food--- Greek food, of course. I wasn't hungry till I saw the platters of spanikopita being carried into the wing by the servers.


The Oscars are on TV tonight. I haven't seen any of the nominated movies, nor do I care who wins any of the awards. And I'm not thrilled with the host of tonight's show, either. Nevertheless, I'll be watching....... for a while, anyway, as I do my exercises. I love to watch and just look at the clothes and the jewelry and the hairstyles. I pick out my own best-dressed and worst-dressed, just the way my Aunt Dolly and I used to do years ago when we watched the Oscars together in my grandmother's living room. I'm sure that Aunt Dolly will be in front of her own TV tonight, watching the clothes and "tsk-tsk"-ing when she sees someone without stockings. (I wonder if my aunt realizes that most of these actresses don't even wear undergarments, much less stockings, underneath those skin-tight gowns.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home