Sprinkles

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Note this....

I usually write little post-it notes to remind me of appointments, even though I keep a date-book on my desk with day to day reminders written down. This morning, I had my usual piano lesson, then a dental appointment this afternoon. I had two post-it notes for the dental appointment, one on the kitchen counter, one on my laptop. Plus, the little appointment card that I had taped into the day book, plus the reminder call yesterday from the dentist's receptionist.

This morning got off to a slow start because I didn't get right out of bed when the alarm went off. Then my friend from North Carolina called to tell me about her recent trip to Las Vegas with her knitting group. Along with all the knitting and visits to local yarn shops, she also got to downtown Vegas to see Barry Manilow's show at the Las Vegas Hilton. Of course, she was totally impressed with the show and said that Barry seemed like such a truly nice man. (Well, of course he is.) The funniest thing about the knitting group at the yarn shops---- most of the women bought so much yarn that when they were packing their suitcases at the end of the trip, they had to just about sit on them to get them closed.

While I was on the phone with my knitting friend, I was getting my make-up on and then getting dressed, so I was on schedule with all of that, and on time for my piano lesson. When I got home from the lesson, I noticed pollen-dust on my car (heaven forbid!) so I hosed that down and dried it off before I put it in the garage. Everything is blooming here and the trees are tossing off pollen like it's confetti.

This Sunday is our St. Patty's day lunch, so I started doing some of the things on my to-do list for that. I decided to take a break from that and came into my sitting room to check my computer. And there was my note, as bright as day-- DENTIST 2:00....... It was 2:10. I called the dental office and told them I would be on my way in five minutes, and apologized for being late. That dental office is run like clock-work. They don't over-book, you never have to wait around past your appointment time, so I really felt badly. Plus I hate, hate, hate to be late. I don't like to be kept waiting, so I make it a point never to make anyone wait for me.

Notes. They work really well to remind you of appointments, but you really need to read them to make the process work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home