Sprinkles

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Apprentice....

Tonight was the first new episode of Trump's "The Apprentice." They've switched the night from Thursday to Monday. I don't know why I'm so interested in that show, but I have been since the first season. Maybe it's the great photography-- wonderful shots of New York. Or maybe it's just something really interesting to watch while I'm exercising. And I've said from the beginning that there's a lesson with every show. Tonight's lesson was not to talk against your teammates. Jeez.... that girl just couldn't keep her mouth shut, and in the end, it's what got her fired.

Gorgeous day today.... sunny and very warm, pretty blue skies.... I could've walked and walked out there this afternoon, but Gracie had other ideas. She saves her long walks for my husband. Probably because he walks her without a leash. I always keep her on the leash, so I feel more in control. I know that she responds to my husband the first time he calls her, but with me, sometimes it takes a second or third time. And I don't want to take that risk with her, no matter how well-behaved we think she is.

I've been taping some of the "What Not to Wear" programs for my piano teacher. For the past couple of weeks, she's been giving me blank tapes to use, and this week when I go for my lesson, I'll see if she watched the first tape I gave her. For some ridiculous reason, K's husband doesn't want to pay for the cable hook-up, so she doesn't get the channel that "What Not to Wear" is on. I think he had some sort of disagreement with the cable company, so he cancelled the service last summer. We just have basic cable in our house, we don't pay for all the HBO and entertainment channels. Without the basic cable, you get very few channels, so I can't understand K's husband's reasoning. I mean honestly, if her husband doesn't want to pay for the cable connection, then she should just pay for it herself. K's husband buys a lot of her clothes, and gives them to her as gifts. Which is probably why she needs to be watching "What Not to Wear."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home