Sprinkles

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Birthday Coupon

We drove into Friendswood today with C.... she was "redeeming" one of the birthday coupons I made for her--- for the Italian Gelato Shop. She's had gelato before, but hadn't been to that particular shop. They must have thirty flavors of gelato there, so she was a little overwhelmed with all of the choices. But after careful looking, and a few samples, she chose two flavors and proclaimed both to be delicious. C was real cute with the coupon.... she didn't want to "turn it in" because she wanted to save it. (She's very sentimental and saves nearly everything.) So she asked me to sign and date the gelato coupon, so she could keep it, but know that she already redeemed it.

C was determined to use one of her birthday coupons before she and her mom leave for Vegas early tomorrow morning. C isn't really excited about this trip, and neither is her mom. Both of them are sad to be selling their house, sad to be leaving this area, and sadder still to be looking for a house in Vegas. I told C that she should at least be excited to see her dad once they get there, but even that didn't cheer her up, and I know how much she has missed her father since he started the new job out there.

C's house was on the market for two days and they already have an offer on it, so I guess the pressure will really be on her parents now to find a new house out near Vegas.


On a happier note, our local PBS station showed Barry Manilow's Music and Passion show tonight (from Vegas). The entire show, with the interruptions for the pledge-breaks of course. I called K's mom when it started, because I know she's also a big Manilow fan, and she called me when it was over, to say that she was dancing around her living room. My husband told me that I should have a Manilow party. (Now there's an idea....)

But that idea will have to wait. My party to-do list goes into full swing tomorrow as I start baking the desserts for Sunday's St. Patty's Day lunch. I also have to make the spanikopita. My friend F suggested that I practice the flag-folding with paper towels, and that worked out well. So we'll soon see if the fillo dough cooperates as well as the paper towels. If it doesn't, I will once again have interesting little bundles, rather than neat little triangles.

Speaking of that dough..... I've seen it spelled fillo and phyllo, which makes me wonder just what the correct spelling should be. I hate to misspell words..... that's right up there with my hating to be late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home