Sprinkles

Friday, March 10, 2006

All Things Green

Spent the day baking green desserts and decorating the living room and dining room with green shamrocks and St. Patty's Day beads (Mardi Gras-type necklaces). I baked key lime squares (exactly like lemon squares, only with lime), and tiny key lime tarts. I sprinkled green sugar on top of the tarts, which weren't as lime-y colored as the lime squares.

The cats are all on the porch, wondering what's going on, of course, and watching me through the windows of the breakfast room with sad kitty eyes. Especially AngelBoy... he really knows how to work those blue eyes of his, and his meow is the saddest of all.

I was going to make the spanikopita triangles this afternoon, but I'll do those tomorrow. I didn't know if the fillo dough would get soggy if I made them today, and I didn't want to take a chance. We also have to get to the ice cream shop tomorrow and buy some pistachio ice cream. I thought that would be a nice touch with the desserts, given the green theme. And I even have green tea to serve with dessert. (Details.... it's all in the details.)

In the back of my closet, I found a pretty green top and a mint-green pair of capris, so I'll wear those on Sunday. My husband has a green shirt, so we're all set. If I think of it, I will tie a green ribbon on Gracie's collar. And I should put some green on the Venus de Milo statue in the living room--- I usually make it a point to "dress" her for every party, so I must have something green that will make everyone smile.

Cloudy day today, not a drop of sun, but it was very warm. It may rain tomorrow, but it's supposed to be hot all weekend long. Fine with me. In my opinion, we've had enough cold snaps to last us for quite some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home