Sprinkles

Monday, April 25, 2005

Drippy Monday

The weekend was beautiful..... today is rainy, drippy, dreary, wet. The rest of the week is supposed to be warm and sunny, but today is a soup day for sure. I've already made crawfish bisque, so dinner is done.

We spent yesterday with our 14-year-old friend C.... my husband and I couldn't get over how tall C has gotten in just the last couple of months. It's like overnight, she has gone from a little girl to a young lady. Totally amazing.... we just couldn't get over it. The three of us went to Kemah for lunch, and sat out by the water and watched the boats go by. Of course, we all picked out our favorites. (Mine was as big as The Queen Mary.) Then we played a game of miniature golf, and stopped at an ice cream shoppe for homemade ice cream (49 flavors to pick from).

I was so careful to make those banana muffins as low-calorie as I could, only to follow them with real ice cream. Oh well.... I got just a "kiddie-sized" cup of chocolate. (49 flavors, but plain chocolate is still my favorite.)

Before taking C back home, we stopped at our house to measure C up against our breakfast room door. A few years ago, my husband started making marks in the door to record her height. Yesterday's mark was an inch and a half higher than the last mark he made. Needless to say, C is thrilled that she's getting taller. Needless to add... we're somewhat sad that this little girl is growing up.

And this Saturday night is C's first school dance.... I've seen her dress, her shoes, her jewelry... but I (we) won't see her all dressed up in everything till Saturday evening. We're going to her house to take some pictures.

Note to self: buy film... and buy an extra box of tissues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home