Sprinkles

Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday Stuff

Pretty day out there today.... just a little cloudy, but everything is in bloom and wherever you drive or walk, you can just smell the sweetness in the air.... honeysuckle, jasmine, white lilacs, hibiscus.

I've been listening to a new CD by "Il Divo"....... wonderful group of 4 men with voices that are off the charts. They were on Oprah's show a few weeks back and I ordered the CD on Amazon. The songs are a mixture of English and Spanish and even if you don't understand all the Spanish words, beautiful music is still beautiful music.

The songs are so beautifully orchestrated and the background music sounds like a symphony. The CD is so good that I'm giving my Manilow CDs a rest. (Barry is probably saying Thank you.)

The "Il Divo" CD has gotten me interested in learning Spanish. I studied that language in high school and was actually very good at it.... so good that I was able to understand everything my family said in Italian. But when you don't use a language, you forget it, which I have. But that can be fixed.... during my errands this morning, I went to the bookstore and found two simple-to-follow books. One is called "Spanish for Gringos" and the other is a Spanish/English dictionary. Between the two, I should be able to make some progress in teaching myself the language. Heavens knows, it will come in handy here in southeast Texas anyway.

When I have Spanish down pat, maybe I'll try learning Greek, so I'll be able to understand the words on my Greek music CDs. Then again, I'm sure that wouldn't be as easy as learning Spanish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home