Sprinkles

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thursday Tile Work.......

Lo and behold...... there is indeed a Handyman God.......... the workers were here right on time this morning. Out came the old linoleum floor and the old commode. The old linoleum is tied up for trash, and the old commode is sitting out on our front lawn right now till they put it in their truck and take it away.

The commode looks lovely on the lawn...... if I lived out in Alvin (a tiny Texas town, home of baseball great Nolan Ryan).... I could use the toilet as yard decor. There is actually a ranch-home out there with half a dozen old toilets sitting on the front lawn-- with flowering plants blooming up out of them all year long. I don't think my Clear Lake neighbors would appreciate that sort of country-charm here on our street, though, and neither would I.

The new tiles look great.... much better than the old flooring. Can't wait till the whole room is done and put back together again. Gracie and the cats are all on the porch....... not one of them is happy about that. They all love the porch, but don't appreciate not being able to come in and out of it as they please. Gracie keeps trying to push the door open so she can get into the breakfast room.... not going to work, since I latched the door. Oh well, I'll have one dog and three cats upset with me for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home