Sprinkles

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Amazing Race

Okay, I am hooked on this show this season... and have been since the first episode. All because The Houston Chronicle had an article about one of the couples (Uchenna and Joyce) who happen to live in Houston. The article was so interesting... how could I not tune in and see the first episode?

And the second... and the third.... and I'm still watching. And I will be here in front of the television for the last episode, I'm sure. How could I not?

Tonight was a sad night for Lynn and Alex... they were eliminated... and I could have cried for them. They were gracious right to the end... accepting the loss and saying they had a great time.

The Houston couple got me watching, but I was rooting for Lynn and Alex because they were having so much fun and they made me laugh. Now I'll be hoping that Uchenna and Joyce make it to the end and win it all. Especially after tonight--- Joyce had to get her head shaved as part of the "fast forward" option that they chose. She really showed what she was made of. I mean honestly... how many women would sit there and let a stranger cut off all their hair and then shave off the rest of it? Joyce cried just a little, her husband kept telling her she was beautiful, and you could tell that he actually meant every word.

I swear, I was sitting there with tears in my eyes as all of her pretty braids were cut off. Between The Amazing Race on Tuesday nights, and The Apprentice on Thursday nights, I've watched more television this year than in all of the past ten years put together.

And, of course, I have to watch Oprah. To use Oprah's words: I know one thing for sure--- I wouldn't be in The Amazing Race for very long. One broken nail and I'd be ready to go home.

Anyway.... the cardinals in Rome elected a new pope today. Should be interesting, given that CNN reports that this man will further divide a church that's already divided enough. He's a conservative, as was John Paul II.... but they say he doesn't have JP's personality. Well, Pope Benedict XVI had better take a crash course in making nice, because he has some big shoes to fill. There will be no one in The Vatican telling him "You're fired!" if he doesn't go a good job. Then again, the man is 78.... how long can he reign? Maybe ten good years? Which may be what the cardinals had in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home