Sprinkles

Monday, November 23, 2015

If I had a nickel....

.... for every time my husband has told me "Don't call the plumber/electrician/carpenter/landscaper because I can fix this myself.".... I would be a very rich woman, living in a quaint cottage on a picturesque hill overlooking the British countryside... so rich that I would have a gardener to take care of my beautifully blooming garden, a nice apron-clad lady to cook my meals and do laundry and clean house, and a never-ending supply of really good books to read along with a library the size of London to hold all of my perfectly polished and categorized bookshelves.

I firmly believe that the Internet has destroyed a lot of relationships and cut into the profits of all plumbers, electricians, carpenters, landscapers, etc. because YouTube has provided a never-ending supply of how-to videos that encompass any and all household setbacks, mishaps, projects, problems, etc.

There probably is not a man left on this planet whose mantra is not ICDIM (I can do it myself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home