Sprinkles

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Give me a blessed break...

... and this time, I mean it.  Three days before Thanksgiving is not when you want to be calling a plumber because the dishwasher is running on cold water instead of hot, there's very little hot water coming out of the faucet in the kitchen sink, and the little bit of water that had been dripping from behind that faucet is now a lot of dripping water.

My husband turned off the water to the kitchen sink... he took off the faucet and it definitely needs to be replaced and he can get that tomorrow at Home Depot (where everyone knows his name because he's been there so much since we bought this big old house). We have no idea what happened to the hot water in the kitchen, but I'm thinking that the water heater has to be replaced. We had the other two water heaters replaced this past Spring. At the time, there was nothing wrong with the third one, which goes to the kitchen. I had suggested we replace that water heater anyway, and I distinctly remember telling my husband that that particular water heater would decide to give up the ghost at the most inconvenient time..... and so it has come to pass.  (Men just don't listen.)

Oh well. I'm sitting here complaining about a water heater and plumbing problems and my cousin P in Chicago is recovering from a massive stroke and my friend V in Maryland just had neck surgery this past week. I'm sure either one of them would gladly trade their situations for my dishwasher that is mysteriously running on just cold water and a malfunctioning faucet in the kitchen sink.

As I type, Savannah is in her bed near the table in the breakfast room and she's chewing on a rawhide bone, and Sweet Pea is on my lap watching these letters pop up on the screen. I'm sure this cat thinks I can do magic. ("Look! It's an M!")

I can't complain. I shouldn't complain. I can come and go as I please and I'm not in a wheelchair and learning how to speak and walk again, and my neck and shoulders aren't recovering from surgery. Life is good in this little world of mine. (But "Pooh!" on this old plumbing anyway!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home