Sprinkles

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Good night, Mrs. Calabash...

wherever you are......

I remember Jimmy Durante used to sing that song at the end of a television show. I can't remember just now if the show was his, or if he sang that when he performed on someone else's show. I'm guessing that was back in the 1950s or 1960s.

My dad would also sing that song when I was a kid......  he would read me a story before bed-time, and then he would turn out the light and I'd hear him singing "Good night, Mrs. Calabash...." and then we'd both sing the next line:  "wherever you are......"    Sometimes, daddy would sing "Inka-dinka-doo" as he walked down the stairs.... I could hear him from my bedroom because he always left the door open a little bit.

I believe there was also an old song by Frances Langford (I think that spelling is correct)...... she sang a song with the words "Good night wherever you are."

I always get sappy around Christmas....... and sappier still when New Year's Eve comes around.

Time to say good night...... wherever you are......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home