Sprinkles

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sunny and cold....

I'm waiting for the weather to return to normal. Texas-normal, as in the 60s and low 70s during these winter months. It was in the mid-50s today, and sunny, which made it seem not quite as cold... but still, it's coat-weather... we've gone beyond the usual sweater-weather (for temperatures in the mid-70s).

Lots of errands to do today..... and if one more person says "Happy Holidays" to me, I think I will scream.  There is only one holiday between now and the last day of the month, and that holiday is Christmas.  I'm certain there are people in this town who don't celebrate Christmas, so I wouldn't be surprised, or offended, if they said nothing at all.  Saying nothing would be a big improvement over "Happy Holidays."

I'd like to walk around with a sign that says "It's Christmas!  December 25th is Christmas! It's perfectly fine to say Merry Christmas!"  But of course I can't, and wouldn't, do that. But the idea sure can be tempting at times, when cashiers in the supermarkets are chanting "Happy Holidays!"

I've noticed that in the smaller stores, the 'mom and pop' shops.... where there isn't a Board of Directors passing down approved conversation laws as to what can and cannot be said to customers... those stores are filled with people who very happily (and sincerely) say "Merry Christmas!"  A lot of those people working in the smaller stores tell every customer to "Have a blessed day" each and every day of the year.

Note to self:  Do more shopping in the little mom and pop stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home