Sprinkles

Friday, February 08, 2008

What a difference a day makes....

.... to paraphrase that wonderful old song.

First of all, today was warm and sunny and absolutely beautiful.... summer has arrived, and I hope it stays right here. The cats have been on the screen-porch all day long, and will be there till after our Valentine's party is over tomorrow night. Little Mickey Kitty is the unhappiest one on the porch...... he doesn't much like being out there when he can't come back in when he's ready. He keeps looking into the windows of the breakfast room with a wide-eyed, questioning look on his face. What did I do wrong? Why won't you let me back in? I thought I was your favorite little baby-kitty?! Oh well..... he will forgive me, in time.

The furniture store delivered my dresser this morning.... it looks gorgeous in the bedroom. I'm so glad that I didn't buy the mirror that went with the dresser.... I knew it would look too much like a dresser with that mirror. I hung up a painting on the wall over the dresser, and it looks just like I wanted it to look--- like a credenza. (Do they still use that word in the furniture world?) I have a leopard bench that used to be in front of our old bed...... I don't have it in front of the new bed because it hides the beautiful footboard, plus takes away the "look" of the new dresser. So now the leopard bench is up against a wall, with an round antique mirror hanging above it. Perfect. I love that bedroom..... so glad we finally changed that bedroom furniture.

I have been busy all day today getting the house ready for tomorrow night's party...... the living room, breakfast room, dining room-- everything is party-ready and looks great. Lots of red candles, red hearts, heart-shaped dishes and heart-shaped candies. All of the party gifts (the prizes for the games) are on the piano and the goodie-bags for everyone are lined up on the bookcases. It looks so happy and festive in this house that everyone will be smiling as soon as they walk into the door... which is the perfect way to start a party.

Speaking of starting a party....... while I was out walking Gracie a little while ago, my husband had some visitors. Two of our neighbors (a couple from around the corner) thought that tonight was the party-night. They came to the door at 6:30, took one look at my husband in his casual clothes standing in our quiet foyer and they said We guess tomorrow is the party, not tonight, right?

My husband felt so badly for them..... and when he told me, I felt badly as well. I'm hoping that by tomorrow night, our neighbors will be able to laugh at their mistake. This was their first invitation to one of our parties. My husband and I met them at V's Christmas party this past December, and we thought they'd like to join the Charades party group. As far as we can remember, this is the first time that this has happened with one of our parties. I have had friends call me to ask me Is the party on Friday night or Saturday night? -- but they've done that on a Wednesday or Thursday, if they've misplaced the invitation. Oh well... on the bright side--- at least they just walked from around the corner rather than drove in from the other side of town.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. I still have some cooking to do..... which should have been started today, but I was putting my clothes into my new dresser (love this dresser!) plus setting pretty things on top of it. So the cooking got pushed to the bottom of today's to-do list.... and then I ran out of hours, and now I'm just running out of steam. Better to just quit for today and finish up tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day, Scarlett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home