Sprinkles

Friday, January 25, 2008

Pouring rain........ still.

I went out to Kroger this morning because I was out of salad fixings.... it wasn't raining when I walked in, but it was pouring when I was about to leave. I had an umbrella with me, but that little purse-sized thing wouldn't have helped much in that downpour. So, along with six other women with filled shopping carts, we stood there in the lobby of the store waiting for the rain to either quit or let-up a bit. One woman had two quarts of ice cream and she was wondering out loud how long it would take for her ice cream to start melting while she was waiting for the rain to stop. (As she was saying that, I was thinking she was nuts to be buying ice cream when the temperature was barely 50 degrees, but of course I didn't say that.)

A couple of men came out into the lobby and looked at the rain, then looked at all of us waiting and chatting away, and each man decided that running through the rain was a better option than listening to the chatter. One old man was cursing the Channel 12 weatherman as he walked through the doors and out into the rain.

I've gotten a lot of reading done in the last couple of weeks, since all of this rain started. My husband gave me a bunch of cat books for Christmas, and I've read three out of the four. Now I'm reading "Mrs. Mike," an oldie-but-goodie. I hadn't read that in years and years, and I read something about it in one of Oprah's magazines, so I thought it was time to re-read that classic book.

Speaking of cat books... one of the books suggested that no one should try to choose a cat. Rather, you should let the cat choose you. The book goes on to say that if you do that, you will have a better cat-person relationship. Well, looking at our three cats, that makes perfect sense to me.

Both of our black cats were strays who found us..... they meowed heartily to let us know they were lost and ready to be rescued (a cat who doesn't want to be found won't make a sound when someone is passing by). As for AngelBoy...... I went to the SPCA to pick out a kitten and I found him in a crate with his identical twin. There were two males, both identical in size and coloring. I chose the one closest to the front of the crate. I should have put him back in the crate when he dug his paws down and tried hard not to be taken out of that crate. At the time, I just thought he didn't want to leave his crate-mate, and I was probably right. The correct thing to do would have been to take the two cats, or just look at the other kittens.

But I didn't. I picked up this gorgeous little kitten, looked into those deep blue eyes of his, and I was hooked.... I was determined to have this blue-eyed fluffy cat which was unlike any other cat I'd ever had. And that's just what we have in AngelBoy.... a cat unlike any other we've ever had. He is a beautiful, fluffy, blue-eyed lavender-point Birman who is as independent as a cat can possibly be. Except, of course, when he cuddles up at my ankles and falls asleep with his head on my toes. It is during those moments when I can forgive all his indiscretions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home