Sprinkles

Monday, February 04, 2008

Out with the old....

Our old bedroom dressers are now officially gone. I got the name of a young girl who desperately needed bedroom furniture-- one of the directors of the local church group found her for me. She and her father-in-law came by this afternoon to pick them up.

They had to make two trips with their car (one trip per dresser) with my husband following them in our car-- the dressers went in their vehicle, and the drawers made the trip in ours. This girl was absolutely thrilled to be getting them. Even though those dressers were over 25 years old, they were in excellent condition and I guess she didn't think she'd be getting something so nice for free.

Our bedroom looks positively empty...... all the pictures are off the walls, as is the mirror. I don't think I'll be rehanging everything that I took down, except for the antique mirror that will once again go over my dresser. This new furniture is larger than the old, so the room will look different and may not need all the extra stuff on the walls. It's a huge room to begin with, 14 x 20', if I remember correctly, so it can hold the larger furniture. I just don't want the walls to look crowded. I want this new furniture to look as elegant here as it did in the showroom at the store.

Elegant. I imagine the girl who took my old dressers is now looking at that furniture and thinking those pieces look elegant in her apartment. I'm glad that we were able to give that bedroom furniture to someone who could really use the dressers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home