Sprinkles

Thursday, January 17, 2008

My blue-eyed cat.

AngelBoy must know that I'm upset with him, because not only is he hugging my ankles with his fluffy little paws, but he jumped up in my lap today and just sat there looking at me. And he is not a lap cat..... he hates to be picked up, usually refuses to sit on anyone's lap. But that's exactly what he did today-- jumped up and sat there staring at me with those deep blue eyes of his. Totally expressionless, he just stared at me.

I'm so mad at you, AngelBoy..... you can be so good, and two minutes later, you do such stupid things. And he looked at me. Didn't blink. He never blinks first when it comes to eye-to-eye contact. He didn't even swish his tail while he was on my lap. Just sat there. He is maddening, this cat. As my husband says-- there must be a tiny person inside this cat.

I've been confining AngelBoy to the screen-porch and the laundry room since the other day. The only time he is in the house with me is if he has just used his litter box, and then I make him stay in the same room with me so I can watch him. I will call his name and tell him to come with me, and he will follow me gladly, tail high up in the air, blue eyes bright.... and he will sit down next to me and put his paws around my ankles and rest his head on my feet and he'll go to sleep. And he will stay that way until my feet and my legs go numb. Maybe that's his plan... so I won't be able to chase him if he suddenly bolts out of the room.

Do cats have astrological signs? AngelBoy is a Gemini. That right there could be a big part of the problem. Not to mention those blue eyes of his. Give me a blessed break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home