Sprinkles

Friday, January 18, 2008

Freezing rain.

Stupid weather. Absolutely stupid. I haven't been out of the house in three days, except to put the trash out, take the mail in, and walk Gracie every evening. (A very short walk.) So cold outside that I don't even want to go anywhere. And that should be my biggest complaint of the year. (My new mantra, it seems.)

I'm still trying to finish "World Without End." Had this not been such a busy day with the telephone, I would have made it to the last page of that book this afternoon. Oh well. There's still tonight, and tomorrow is another day.

One of my volunteers in the downtown area called to tell me that her three-month Pajama Drive is coming to an end..... and she has collected 1,908 pajamas. So far. So far! She wanted me to make an appearance at the end of her PJ Drive..... to officially be presented with all those pajamas, and (of course) to pick up those pjs and take them from there to here.

Which is wonderful, of course... but how do I fit all of those pajamas into my little two-seater car? Not a chance. My husband didn't think they would even fit into his larger car. What to do, what to do. And this is why I love my neighbors---- it took me less than three seconds to figure out who to ask-- V next door. I told her the problem and before I even asked the question (Can you possibly drive me downtown to pick up nearly 2000 pairs of pajamas?)... she was telling me this would be such an adventure and could she go with me? And did I need her van because we all know my car is cute but it's not for hauling anything more than a couple of shopping bags from Marshalls.

So we have a plan.... V will drive me downtown to the Pajama Drive... she even knows where the school is located, and we'll be in her van, and if her husband has to remove one of the back seats, then no problem, he'll just take care of that before we go. What a great neighbor! But I've been saying that for years. V can be a little eccentric at times (such as pulling up all the weeds in our flower garden to relieve her stress) but the bottom line is she has always a good neighbor.

Nearly 2000 pairs of pajamas... and this is only January.

As for the weather.... nothing I can do about that. Not a blessed thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home