Sprinkles

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The movies.

This morning was cloudy, drippy and humid....... and my husband didn't have any meetings at work...... so off we went to the movies. We had planned to see "The Great Debaters," being that our friends K & B had told us it was one of the best movies they've seen.

We got to the theatre for the first morning show. The parking lot was nearly empty, except for six school buses. Timing is everything--- those six school buses were filled with local students who had arranged to see "The Great Debaters." Every seat in every theatre that was showing that movie was sold out to all of those students and their teachers.

Oh well. So-- plan B. My husband asked me if I wanted to see the Will Smith movie, "I Am Legend." I didn't know anything about the movie, but I like Will Smith so I said sure. We bought tickets for that one and in we went.

And out I went--- I lasted about half an hour in that movie. My apologies to Will Smith, but I just couldn't take the intensity of this movie. I don't even want to type in a synopsis of the film because I don't want to even think about it again. I told my husband to stay and watch the movie, and I figured I'd wait in the lobby. I had my cell phone, so I could make some calls while I was waiting.

Which I did... but then I realized that the Chipmunk movie was still playing in one of the other theatres in the movie complex. Back I went into the "I Am Legend" theatre-- carefully not looking at the screen-- and I told my husband I'd be watching the Chipmunks until "his" movie was over.

So that's going to be my Plan B for our movie trips from now on....... to be aware of what's playing in the other theatres, just in case I'm sitting in front of a movie screen that's filled with something I'd rather not be looking at.

Better still.... the movie houses should just keep showing the Chipmunk movie from now on. It just makes you smile..... and makes you feel good..... and about the only intense moments come when one of the human characters gets too close to the chipmunks' cute little furry tails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home