Sprinkles

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy hearts all over the house....

And so it begins..... we're getting ready for our Valentine's Party. I was in J's antique shop yesterday and he asked me when our Valentine's party would be. I told him to just let me know what time to be at his house, and we'd be there for the party. He gave me that look--- Are you for real?

My husband and I talked it over last night.... we decided to do a big Charades party, rather than a small dinner party. The Charades parties are always a lot of fun, and by the time the party-night comes around, I will have forgotten all the work that went into it. So last night I sent out an eMail to our friends, telling them to "save the date," and today I wrote out the invitations. (Hand-wrote..... I don't like computer-generated invitations.)

35 friends, plus my husband and myself. That's a lot of people. Not everyone can always come to these parties, but the list just keeps on growing. We added seven new people last year, and we've added two new people as of this morning.

I will mail and hand-deliver the invitations during this week. This morning, I took out the Valentine decorations, and spent half of the day hanging red and pink hearts all over the living room, dining room, breakfast room, kitchen, the foyer, and the powder room. As always, I tried to put the decorations in different places than they were last year, so the end result isn't predictable. The dining room chandelier is dripping with red hearts-- that's my favorite part.

We already have our first RSVP-- from two of our friends who got the "save the date" eMail. And so it begins. In two weeks, I will be asking myself Just whose idea was this anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home