Sprinkles

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Comfort on my mind........

I cancelled my piano lesson today.... so much on my mind with the Comfort house that I knew I'd be wasting both my time and K's time if I went for my lesson this afternoon.

Just can't turn off my brain about that mountain-top house....... without even knowing it, my mind is making lists of what to bring up there--- things from our porch here, grocery items for the pantry, books for the built-in shelves, kitchen utensils..... even right down to buying a second bread machine so we can have freshly-baked bread up there for breakfast.

I've got to stop this. Everything now is in the hands of the realtor and my husband. They're sending information and questions back and forth, and I'm just trying to sit back and relax and make believe that it doesn't bother me one bit if we get that house or not. All I can say is this--- if I were a nail-biter, I wouldn't have a finger-nail left to my name.

My husband quoted a line from a friend of ours--- "He who cares the least wins the most." They were talking about success in the real estate market. I wouldn't be a good player, I guess, because I can't keep a "poker face," and I can't stop myself from getting emotionally attached to a property. I love our home here, actually love it, and I know that I already love that stone and log home up on that mountain. I can picture myself hugging the stone entrance the next time we go up there.... stretching my arms out as far as they can reach along that stone wall, just to let that house know that it's in good hands and I will take care of it till my last breathing day on this planet.

That's how strongly I feel about the house up there, and the property. Call it a gut feeling, call it woman's intuition, call it whatever you like. But I also know my husband isn't investing in real estate on the basis of guts or intuition.

I think I'll go inside and polish my nails...... the more mauve-y they are, the less chance they have of being attacked by teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home