Sprinkles

Friday, April 28, 2006

Medina, and Bandera.... and Home.

After leaving Comfort this afternoon, we decided to drive towards home. We had seen all we had gone there to see...... and found a good house in Wimberly, and a great house in Comfort. We had a lot to think about, and it didn't make sense to keep driving around the Hill Country.

On the way home, we drove through Medina....... a tiny, sleepy little town known for their apple orchards. We had been there before, and had stopped at Love Creek Orchards and Apple Farm. Not only was Medina still the tiny little town we had remembered, but Love Creek Orchards was still there and thriving.

We went into the Apple Store for a slice of pie...... and I picked out some fresh preserves as well. Before we left, we bought a whole pie to take home, which is now happily sitting in our fridge.

We also drove through the town of Bandera, which was on the way home. It's such a cowboy type of town....... much too rough for us. Every street has at least two bars/taverns..... lots of motorcycles in that town......... lots of huge ranches along the outskirts. Just not the place for us, and we drove right on through.


We got home at 10:30...... I had called the pet-sitter when we got close to home, so he'd know when to expect us. He was surprised that we had cut the trip short, but I explained all of that over the cell-phone.

As always, Gracie jumped all over my husband and tried to get into his pockets when we got home. The cats were happy to see me....... and I was happy to pet their little noses and rub their tummies. As always, AngelBoy was the first to roll over on his back near my feet. We had seen some cats in Comfort as we walked through the town, and petting them made me homesick for ours. And when we had dinner in the cafe in Welfare, there was a dog there who could've been a twin of Gracie's.... and that made us miss Gracie.

My husband has been sound alseep for a couple of hours. It's 2:00 in the morning as I'm typing this, and I'm ready to call it a night. I knew I couldn't sleep till I got this all out of my head and typed down....... and I'm hoping I can fall asleep without thinking too much about that house up in the hills of Comfort. Now honestly.... isn't that a great name for a town?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home