Sprinkles

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Comfort House

The Comfort house is still on our minds....... we're going to speak with the owner of the house and arrange a visit up there, so we can spend a couple of days and nights in the house and see if it's all that we believe it to be.

As soon as my husband told me that he'd try and arrange that, my mind started making a list of what to bring/what to pack/what to buy. I know one thing for sure..... I won't be packing as many clothes this time.

The only things you need up in the Hill Country are a good pair of jeans and comfortable walking shoes and a few tops. If we do buy this house up there (or any other) I would leave clothes up there so I wouldn't have to pack a bag each time we went up. I'd have the pantry stocked with cans and jars, and all we'd have to carry up there would be perishables.

I've looked at the photos of the Comfort house at least a hundred times now, and I know the lay-out of the house by heart. I've sent the pictures to just one close friend, and I'm trying my best to keep a clear head about all of this. I have to admit that I will leave the final decision to my husband because I know he will make an intelligent decision, rather than an emotional one.

As for me, I can already see us there....... I can imagine us bringing Gracie with us when we go to the house, but we'd leave the cats here for the pet-sitter to take care of. I would not be able to live with myself if one of our cats got out of the house and got lost in the woods up there. The five acres is all fenced in around the property line, but that doesn't mean high wood fences like we have here.... the fences there are low enough for the wild deer and goats to jump over. There are also bob-cats in those woods which can easily catch a house-cat. If we ever decided to live up there permanently, then I'd have the outside deck of that house screened-in, to better protect the cats if they ran out that side of the house.

I also keep thinking of what to "name" the house, because of course you have to do that. Most of the property gates have signs on them with the names of the houses....... this one doesn't, since the owner had it rented out for vacationers from time to time. Although you'd never know that, looking at the pristine condition of the house. I've thought of Comfort Cottage, and GracieLand, and Heaven's Gate, and even simply The Comfort House.

I've got to quit this....... I'm trying to keep a clear mind and just wait and see what happens, but already I'm making lists and re-arranging that house in my mind. As that old saying goes-- "If it's meant to be........"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home