Sprinkles

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pizza and Blokus

We invited our young friend C and her mom over for a quickly put-together pizza dinner tonight.... the dad is off in Louisiana working, so it was just the four of us. We had the homemade apple pie from the Love Creek Apple Orchards in Medina (that we brought back with us from the Hill Country trip) so that was our dessert. My husband went to the local Italian restaurant for the pizza, then picked up ice cream for the pie, and C's mom put together a large bowl of tossed salad.

Dinner was planned and ready to serve in a heartbeat, and I even had time to make up placecards that little Miss C loves so much.... these were decorated with stuck-on ladybugs and leaves, a la The Hill Country, along with cut-outs from the brochures we got in the town of Comfort.

We showed C and her mom the pictures of the country house, and C was practically jumping out of her shoes. She loved the little loft bedroom and she "has dibs" on that one if we do buy the house out there in the hills. They both loved just the name of the town itself, which my husband and I have always loved as well.

The more I see the pictures of this house, the more I love it. And of course, the more I love it, the more I want it. I read all the fine print in the brochure, and the selling price includes all the furniture, which makes the house even more enticing. We've called the owner, to see if we can spend a couple of days and nights there... sort of a trial, to see how we'll really feel up way up on that hill. The owner rents the house out for vacationers, so we'd pay his regular rental rates. We haven't heard back from him yet, so we'll try reaching him again tomorrow.

Still... I'm trying to stay calm and level-headed about all of this, which was impossible to do while C was here. At least twice every half hour, she'd tell us to buy the house. Or she'd suggest we buy a horse to go along with the house. After C looked at all the photos of the house, I saw the gleam in her eye, and I knew that she was re-arranging her bedroom in her mind.

Oh well, we'll see what happens. If it's meant to be, it will be. (I hate the uncertain-ness of that silly phrase.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home