Sprinkles

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Hill Country

We got home late tonight from a three-day trip into the Hill Country. We weren't due home until Sunday, but changed our plans and came home early. We thought we'd need more time up there, to look at vacation homes in the different towns we had visited a few years ago.

Was it just a few years ago? Or was it more like six or eight years back? A lot of those "little towns filled with antique shops" now have huge thoroughfares flanked by a Wal-Mart on one side, and an HEB or Target super-center on the other side. The quiet little streets we remembered are now four or six-lane boulevards with traffic lights and traffic.

Happily, the two towns we liked the best from our past trips are still the same as we remembered--- Wimberly and Comfort. And the town of Medina was also the same, but that wasn't one of the towns we would pick to vacation and/or live in. (Nothing against Medina, but the best thing there is the Love Creek Apple Farm Orchard.)

My husband is already sleeping, but I'm wide awake. I know I'll be tossing and turning for over an hour if I go to bed now, so I may as well just type down here what I've been scribbling into a notebook during our days up in the Hill Country. I'll go through the towns one by one, just as I have them written down.

No matter where we go, it's always so nice to get home. Our pet-sitter took wonderful care of "the kids," the house was just fine, and it will be nice to sleep on my own pillow tonight. But first.... the Hill Country towns, one by one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home