Sprinkles

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New GYN

After the cancelled GYN appointment at the beginning of this month, I finally got to meet my new GYN this morning. As I said a few weeks ago, I'm very glad that the first appointment had to be rescheduled, because I wouldn't have liked that first doctor as much as I liked the one that I saw today. I just can't explain it, but I didn't like the expression in the eyes of the doctor I originally had the appointment with three weeks ago.

The doctor I saw this morning is an Oriental woman, very sweet, with the most beautiful eyes.... smiling eyes, a smiling face, and such a happy and positive disposition. I liked her photograph when I saw it on the wall of the GYN office, but I couldn't say the same about the photo of that first doctor. So, everything worked out for the best...... I had to reschedule that first appointment, and I was lucky enough to be able to choose the better doctor. Or I should say "the better doctor for me."

Always hard to switch doctors..... you get used to them, they get used to you. I'm hoping that this young doctor will have many, many years of practice in that same location.

So many pregnant women and tiny babies in this office...... my other doctor (who retired two years ago) didn't seem to have many young patients. I think most of her patients were like me--- way past child-bearing age but still in need of yearly exams. The four doctors in this new office are all fairly young (the oldest being around 40) and most of their patients are either trying to get pregnant, or presently carrying a child, or bringing in the new baby for the post-delivery check-up.

I've always been in the habit of bringing a book to any doctor's or dentist's office.... as soon as I sign in, I take out my glasses and my book and start reading. I've found that if you make eye contact with someone in a medical/dental waiting room, then you're setting yourself up to hear all about that person's reason for having to see the doctor. Which is never something I'm interested in hearing...... I'd rather bury my nose in my book and keep it there till my name is called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home