Sprinkles

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Life Goes On.....

Everything seems back to normal here, after our quick trip to Vegas. Two and a half days was just enough time. One of the people we spoke to there told us that "If you don't gamble, drink or smoke, then Vegas isn't the city for you." (Except for Manilow, it isn't the city for me.)

Last night, we had an impromptu pizza and salad dinner with our young friend C and her parents, at their house. C's friend M was there for dinner as well, and we all played a game called "Scene It." It was a movie trivia game, which included a DVD to give you the clues. We had fun with it, but I didn't really like playing a game that was hooked up to the TV. Instead of the game and the people being the main focus of the night, the television itself became the focal point. Not exactly my thing, but the kids loved it and made it fun for the rest of us.

C's dad was home for the weekend.... with some real estate ads to show C and her mom what kind of house they can expect to find when they all go out to Vegas in March for a look-see. In order to get a house similar to what they have now, it will cost them more than double what their house here is worth. I think the prices were around $450,000.00 for a 2200 square-foot house. That's a big ouch in my book, considering that you can get that sized house here for around $175,000.00, which is a much nicer number.

Their move to Vegas is inevitable...... just a matter of time now, and my husband and I will just have to get used to that fact. "The only constant in life is change."

We met our friends K and B at Niko Niko's (Greek restaurant) for an early dinner this afternoon. No matter how early you get there, people are lined up and placing their orders. Such a great place to eat....... the most wonderful Greek food, and we always come home with a to-go box with at least half of our dinners. I ordered the lentil soup, which was so good that I ate all of it and barely touched the rest of my meal.

Anyway, K and B recently came back from their three-week trip to Vietnam. K brought along her laptop to show us some of her pictures from the trip, but only 26 out of the 280 photos were on the disk..... the rest of them just weren't there, so she'll have to re-do the disk before we all get together again.

They brought us a little gift each from their travels.... a handmade beaded purse for me, and a rich-sounding brass gong for my husband. They actually watched the gong being made by one of only three brass forgers in the country there, and it now sits with my husband's small collection of Tibetan bells.

K and B and my husband were talking about possibly traveling to Tibet one of these days. I told them that Tibet wasn't on my must-see list, but I suggested they all should go and enjoy the wonders of Tibet....... and I would fly back to Vegas and see Barry's "Music and Passion" show again. And again. And again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home