Sprinkles

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Deliver Me From Barnes & Noble....

We've just come back from dinner out, and a stop at Barnes & Noble. Books, books, books...... will I ever be able to resist books? Of course, everyone is having their after-Christmas sales, so of course I'm going to be finding great books at great prices. And of course I have to buy them....... Honestly, how can you not buy books when you love books?

So far, I have Christmas books for all the little kids who come to our house during the holidays, plus I bought books for my husband's great-nephew and great-niece..... they'll be getting books for next Christmas as well. So many cute children's books...... it was hard to decide. My husband walked out of the store with one book, I walked out with two shopping bags. And of course I reminded him of how much money I saved him by shopping after the holiday.

My "books to be read" cabinet is filled to the brim....... so many books to read..... and of course I found more entertaining books for the holidays........ at yard-sale prices, so how could I leave them there?

Went to dinner tonight at Babbo Bruno's....... nice to see K back after her trip to California to visit her brother. She intended to stay just a week, then extended the trip to two weeks. I still say that one of these days, she going to be telling us that she's moving out there. Delicious homemade tomato soup tonight....... and I ordered an appetizer instead of a dinner..... perfect combination, and just enough food without having to take half of my dinner home.

Seems like it's been a long day........ I also went to J's antique shop this afternoon....... found a bunch of champagne glasses (also at yard-sale prices). I may just take J's suggestion and make those strawberry "champagne" cocktails for our Valentine's Party. I'll need about 30 champagne glasses.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home