Sprinkles

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sleep-over........

Little Miss C has been with us since early this afternoon, and she's sleeping over here tonight. We took her over to Galveston this afternoon, to Moody Gardens. She likes that cartoon character "SpongeBob," and they were showing a 3-D SpongeBob movie, so we all saw that. Then C and my husband went on two of the thrill-rides there...... while I looked around the gift shops. Thrill-rides aren't on my must-do list, since I never know just how "thrilling" they are till I'm on them and can't get off.

We had pizza for dinner, in Galveston...... an Italian restaurant called "Mario's." Their pizza is the best around, either on the Island or on the Mainland..... tastes like a NY pizza, or as close to NY as one can get here. We got a large one, and there's more than half of it left in the fridge now. Which means that C and my husband will most likely be having pizza for a late-night snack, or for breakfast tomorrow.

Right now, C and my husband are working on a jig-saw puzzle. 500 pieces, of dolphins swimming in the ocean. The pieces are irridescent.... lots of blue..... looks hard to do, but they both love puzzles, and I've barely heard a peep out of them since they started. They take their jig-saw puzzles very seriously.

We also stopped at the go-cart track on the way to Galveston, and C and my husband raced one another around the track. They wanted me to go, but I wasn't exactly dressed for it..... white slacks, a new purple knit sweater and a new leather jacket, plus open-back heels. Not exactly go-cart attire. There's always next time. I promised C that I would try it with her, and I surely will, but I'll be dressed for it-- as long as my husband doesn't surprise us again with a quick stop there on the way to somewhere else.

I watched C as she drove around the track..... she's going to be a "natural driver," as my dad would say. She takes to the wheel as easily as she takes to swimming in water. It will be a snap to teach her to drive. And I thought she had to wait till her 16th birthday to drive--- she can get a permit when she's 15, which is this coming March. That means I can keep my promise and teach her to drive......... by the time they're ready to move to Vegas, she'll be driving all over.... with a licensed driver next to her, of course.

Time to see if the puzzle king and princess would like some hot chocolate. The warm and sunny day has cooled off just a bit.... and that means hot chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home