Sprinkles

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Houston Astros Monopoly

Our young friend C and her mom just left...... they had come over to play "Monopoly"-- the Houston Astros version, which I had given C as one of her Christmas gifts. The four of us played.... and lo and behold-- I won the game. I've been playing Monopoly since I was in the fourth or fifth grade or so..... never won a game before tonight. In C's mind, she won the game, being that the only player she didn't lose was her beloved Craig Biggio. She loves/loves/loves the Astros, and Biggio is her favorite player.

Speaking of Craig Biggio, C has begun signing our guest book as C.... Biggio. She has it in her mind that one of these days, she will eventually be Mrs. Craig Biggio, so she's practicing her future signature. Given that she's just 14, and Craig is over 35 and already married, I don't see that as part of C's future, but we're all just letting her dream on.

Then again, the young girl who is with Tom Cruise now used to dream of being his wife, and now she's engaged to Cruise and expecting his child. Be careful what you wish for, in my opinion.

Lots of errands today..... and more tomorrow. The holidays are officially over...... dinner last night was salmon and vegetables, and I made spanikopita for tonight's dinner. Christmas and New Year's Eve leftovers are history. Back to the real world, which means a trip to the supermarket is in my near future. Oh goodie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home