Sprinkles

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve Morning

Our doorbell rang at 8:30 or so..... and it was "our" two young 14-yr-olds..... out on their bicycles and riding around the subdivision to see if there were any yard sales around. (Not a one, they said.)

Beautiful day again.... sunny and warm... perfect morning for a bike ride for those girls, so they stopped here for breakfast. Which we were happy to provide... they make our normally very quiet house come alive with teenaged giggles. What on earth will we do when C and her family move out to Vegas? (Although, a good friend of ours insists that something will happen to change that decision. Only time will tell.)

Right now, my husband and the two girls are out go-carting. There's a go-cart place a few towns away from us, and my husband called this morning to see if they were open. I don't know how this morning's conversation got onto go-carts, but it did, and my husband got the notion to take them.

Our little Miss C is just itching to get behind the wheel of a car and drive. Namely, my car. She made me promise her years and years ago that I would teach her how to drive. That's when I had a little lavender Toyota Corolla, and she loved that car. Now that I've got the Thunderbird, she's even more excited to get behind the wheel. "Will you still teach me to drive with the new car? Absolutely. A promise is a promise. However, we'll see how I can manage to keep that promise if she moves away to Vegas. Good grief.... I just hate the thought of her moving so far away. And I wish we would've kept that little Corolla instead of trading it in.... we could've given it to C when she got her license. When we bought the Thunderbird, C's 16th birthday seemed eons away.... now I'm realizing just how quickly it will be here.

I'm sitting here with rollers in my hair, but I'm all dressed for tonight. I hate to get dressed twice in a day, and mostly everything is ready for tonight's dinner party. Just last-minute things that won't take too long, plus I have to polish my nails. Can't have a party with naked nails.

Happy New Year to all....... and to all a Happy Night....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home